NEWS AND EVENTS (MANNER-NPK)
Spring N advice
ADAS have brought together data on excess winter rainfall and topical information to help farmers make correct nitrogen decisions this season. The full text of the advice note can be downloaded below this article.
· Excess winter rainfall (EWR) data (up to the 28 January 2015) indicates that the majority of the UK has experienced average rainfall so far this winter.
· Nitrate leaching losses are likely to be close to average over most of the country.
· The relatively mild autumn and early winter provided good growing conditions in most areas.
· Early drilled, well established crops are likely to have taken up useful amounts of soil nitrogen (N).
· Soil N supply levels are likely to be higher than average where well established crops have taken up significant quantities of soil N.
· Updated EWR maps will be issued in late March.
Download Spring n advice